It’s a term which you’ll get to see in the description of some pages and it’s not that common. But it is a very good technique of rating the traffic on any website. You just have to login to the Alexa site and ask those guys for ranking your site, and that’s it, you are all done to get the traffic info of your site.
FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND
This rank defines how popular your website is, compared to other ones. This is calculated by an average of daily visitors and pages viewed over a span of three months. If your website has the highest combination of visitors and page views, then you have the number one Alexa rank which is updated daily.
You would have surely understood about the Alexa ranking, but wait how will it help you in your business? Don’t worry, by the end of this article you’ll get an idea of its working and advantages.
Checking website traffic and rank is the basis for uncovering actionable ideas to grow your business.
- Have a guess for the number One Alexa Rank website and you’ll get the answer in this article.
HISTORY YOU SHOULD KNOW
Founded: April 1, 1996
Founders: Brewster Kahle & Bruce Gilliat
Parent Company: Amazon, 1999
Headquarters: San Francisco, California, U.S.A
Tagline: “Find, Reach, and Convert Your Audience with Marketing That Works”
Working: According to its website, Alexa provides web traffic data, global rankings, and other information on 30 million websites.
Its toolbar collects data on Internet browsing behavior and transmits them to the Alexa website, where they are stored and analyzed. This is the basis for the company’s web traffic reporting.
This is a brief about the Alexa, but our question is still unanswered, so let’s see how it’ll help you in your marketing and website.
- Who are your competitors?
- You get to know about your competitors in a better way because of the detailed comparison between yours and other websites which results in the knowledge of the competition persisting in the market.
- How do you compare to them?
- This also tells the things and the parts of the business/ marketing where you are leading or lagging, so it’s a powerful tool to get the best of your business.
- What are they doing better than you?
- They are leading in marketing and you are not able to cope up? Alexa analysis has the answer for you. Which are the things they are leading compared to you, focus on those things to improve your marketing and business.
- What are you missing out on?
- You can get the best results for what are you missing upon to get that aimed lead in marketing.
Talking about the number one, I feel many of you would have guessed it right, the answer is Google. Google has the highest Alexa rank amongst all websites and its average daily time on the website is 8 min 2 s and average daily page views per person being 8.94.
I hope this article has given you a better insight into the knowledge of the Alexa Rankings, and its importance for your business growth. You can and you should apply for the Alexa ranking and statistics of your webpage and you’ll surely notice the advantages of it, in your business and market analysis.