How to count how many people just came and saw your website? Well, that’s very important to know too, to get the exact usage of your webpage and the traffic. So for this, we use a very known method of counting the Page Views, abbreviated to PV by many. And this accounts for the calculation of total views occurring on that particular webpage, in a given amount of time. Let us move into the pit, to learn more about the term page view.
WHAT THE FORMAL DEFINITION SAYS?
A page view, or more commonly now page view, abbreviated in business to PV and occasionally called page impression, is a request to load a single HTML file (web page) of an Internet site. On the World Wide Web, a page request would result from a web surfer clicking on a link on another “page” pointing to the page in question. When a link is clicked, and the page loads completely, the page view counter increases its value by one, and furthermore, if it encounters a click again.
- Page views may be counted as part of web analytics. For the owner of the site, this information can be useful to see if any change in the “page” (such as the information or the way it is presented) results in more visits.
- If there are any advertisements on the page, the publishers would also be interested in the number of page views to determine their expected revenue from the ads. For this reason, it is a term that is used widely for Internet marketing and advertising.
- The page impression has long been a measure of user activity on a website.
The preferred way to count page views is using a website such as Google Analytics. They can measure the number of pages on any site and therefore, it helps people to receive a rough estimate of page views on websites.
Google Analytics is a freemium web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google Analytics e-commerce reporting can track sales activity and performance. The e-commerce reports show a site’s transactions, revenue, and many other commerce-related metrics. One can definitely imply the services of the Google Analytics to get the Page View analysis of your website.
So for an ending note, we’ll like to mention that page view is an instance of a page being loaded (or reloaded) in a browser. Page views is a metric defined as the total number of pages viewed.
ADVANTAGES THAT YOU’LL GET
- Analysis of the traffic on the page
- Knowledge about the type of data being looked more, by the users
- Statistics of the usage of a particular webpage which also tells whether it is gaining popularity or losing it.