BRINGING YOUR BUSINESS ONLINE (E-COMMERCE)
Change, who doesn’t want a good change to happen? Then if you think about your livelihood, your income source which is assured by the smooth flow of your business, why doesn’t that deserves a good change. Now, what are the changes you do to improve your business and expand its reach? Some of them can be-
• Setting new plans for the release of new products
• Getting the marketing done
• Assessing the overall resources, you have, to spend
• The advertisements to bring the notice of the targeted consumers
Ninety-one percent of customers look online for local goods and services. These days, people prefer to find information quickly online using their computer or a mobile device, which means your business has to be online in order to be FOUND online.
What if I tell that these all can be done just by the click of a button on your computer or a mobile. Surprised eh?
This is possible by a very popular method called as “ONLINE BUSINESS”. Whatever your need might be, you can get your online website or online database to get the latest business solutions done.
HOW TO DO IT?
- Find the exact requirements for your business amenities
- Get a domain name for your company/business and register your webpage there
- Design a webpage
- Advertisements and Pay Per Click service
- Implementing Analytics
- Product delivery solutions
- E-Commerce Integration
Let’s start with these methods-
1. FINDING REQUIREMENTS
• Think of the whole website from your customers’ perspective, what would they like to see there?
• What’s in it for them? Always remember that it only takes a second for a consumer to make a decision about
a product or service, make sure to keep the end user in mind at all times.
• What will encourage them to navigate around the site more?
• How many resources like funds or manpower you need for the whole process?
• Will this lead to the expansion of business and help in expanding consumer base?
Choose some of your usual customers and ask them what would they like to see there, by doing this you’ll get a great idea on how to design your business’ website. Get the answer to these questions and you’ll be all set to get your ideas for your business expansion done.
2. DOMAIN NAMES
A domain is the one thing that will recognize your webpage uniquely on the world platform. So finding the domain and getting your webpage registered is the most important part of the online business. So the steps involved are: –
1. When you actually sit down to register a domain the first thing you will need to do is to think of an appropriate name that you will like to register.
2. Find out whether the name you have shortlisted is available or is taken by someone else. In order to check
domain availability, you can do a domain search with a domain registrar. If the domain name is available
for registration you can then move forward to claim it.
3. The next thing to do is to find a registrar. Before making a choice it is always advised to do a quick
research on different registrars. One can search from a number of options and see who offers the best price
4. If the domain is still available for registration on the registrar, you can proceed further with the
registration process. Click on add to cart, and proceed through the checkout process.
5. The only thing that is left to do is to make the payment for registration to the registrar.
While registrars are contracted to conduct the day-to-day business of selling domain name registrations, registries are responsible for maintaining the registry for each TLD. The top-level domains include:
You can use the companies providing these name such as GoDaddy.com and others.
3. DESIGNING WEBPAGE
Now when you are ready with all the plans for the online expansion of your business, you need the backbone for the whole structure. That backbone is what we call a Website.
Hire a business solution providers company and tell them about all your requirements and the type of webpage you need.
You’ve to give the overview of your products of the business to the designing team.
But, have you compared the fees for designing the web page by different companies? That should be the first step because we don’t want to spend much on the designing part itself otherwise what profit will we get. Compare the prices and ratings and get the best designer who can satisfy your need for the business. Features of the webpage includes-
• Visually attractive content
• Links between the products should be well managed
• Easy navigation facility on the webpage
• Contact information
Now you are set with the designing of your webpage. You already have registered the domain for your company so you can just upload the respective web page to handle the requests coming to parse that domain name.
4. ADVERTISEMENTS AND PPC SERVICES
You are done with all the processes to get your business online and now when you are online and your website even has a domain name, you’ve to reach out to people telling about your website and your business reach. The best way to do that is through Advertisements. The things to do under the given heading are:
1. Use Local Listing Services: To attract more local business, be sure to sign up for these services, which allow your business to show up on services like Google Maps and local Yahoo! searches. The main three are Google Places, Yahoo! Local, and Bing Places etc.
2. Invest in Search Engine Optimization (SEO): This service allows your business to show up on earlier pages of search engine search results. This makes it more likely for your website to be found among other, similar websites. Ways to optimize your website include writing interesting, original content; posting images with captions
3. Advertise to Your Consumer Base: Placing advertisements online is generally expensive, especially if you intend to reach large groups of people. By targeting your advertisements, you will be able to attract the type of traffic you want to your website, for example, you can take help of the Google AdSense.
4. Embrace Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, among others, have become a necessary part of doing business. Take the time to put together interesting and informative profiles for your company on each platform and investigate others like Instagram and Tumblr, depending on your product.
5. Send Out Press Releases: This can be a great way to get your business’ name in a widely-read publication. And don’t forget to target the correct audiences for your business.
THE PPC: PAY PER CLICK
New name for your ears? Not anymore, we’ve got you covered with this tech info too. So let’s see what PPC actually does and how it is helpful for your business?
PPC stands for pay-per-click, a model of internet marketing in which advertisers pay a fee each time one of their ads is clicked. Essentially, it’s a way of buying visits to your site, rather than attempting to “earn” those visits organically.
Every time your ad is clicked, sending a visitor to your website, you have to pay the search engine a small fee.
When PPC is working correctly, the fee is trivial, because the visit is worth more than what you pay for it. So now that you have got an idea of how does it works, you can surely think of applying the same to your business e-commerce website too.
You are doing well in your business, but is there a parameter or a driving force to get the level of it? How will you know the heights of profits or loss you are getting in your business? Or what decisions should be made according to current business trends? No worries, there’s a solution for all your needs. And the solution is nothing but the Business Analytics. Now, what do they do?
Business analytics (BA) is the practice of iterative, methodical exploration of an organization’s data, with an emphasis on statistical analysis. Business analytics is used by companies committed to data-driven decision-making.
Why is it so important?
• Analytics Helps Quantify Company Values
• Analytics Can Be Used to Ingrain Smart Decision-Making into Company Culture
• Analytics Provides Greater, Faster Insight Into Data Visualization
• Analytics Helps Companies Avoid Being Left Behind
• Creating a company culture based on using business analytics throughout every department helps companies stay agile.
We’ll speak about a company which will surely help you out with the analytics part, and that company is no one else but the GOOGLE ANALYTICS. What exactly is google analytics and what kind of services does it provide?
Google Analytics is a freemium web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic.
• Launched in November 2005
• Acquired Urchin.
• Google Analytics is now the most widely used web analytics service on the Internet.
• Integrated with AdWords, users can now review online campaigns by tracking landing page quality and conversions (goals).
• Goals include
• Lead generation
• Viewing a specific page
• Downloading a particular file
• Google Analytics analysis can identify poorly performing pages.
• Google Analytics e-commerce reporting can track sales activity and performance.
• Google Analytics is the most widely used website statistics service, currently in use on around 55% of the 10,000 most popular websites.
It helps you with the information about the performance of your webpage with techniques such as funnel visualization, where visitors came from (referrers), how long they stayed on the website and their geographical position.
It also provides more advanced features, including custom visitor segmentation.
Google Analytics e-commerce reporting can track sales activity and performance. The e-commerce reports show a site’s transactions, revenue, and many other commerce-related metrics.
Without a second thought, you can imply the service of the google analytics to have a clear picture of the working of your website and even your business. And it’ll surely help you out in smoothening of your business online.
6. PRODUCT DELIVERY SOLUTIONS
Now that your business is online and your e-commerce website is registered and advertised and is working like butter, you’ll soon start receiving orders from the customers for your business’ products. For example,
• If you own a restaurant business, you’ll start receiving food delivery order.
• If you own a medical shop’s business, you’ll get orders for different medicines available.
And yes, there are countless of them.
So in all the cases, your product needs to be delivered, so you’ve to look out for the best delivery solutions you can provide to your customers. The delivery of your product should be ensured for the following parameters:
i. Fast delivery
ii. Product’s handling and security
iii. Packaging and Transport
iv. Assured Delivery of the ordered product only
v. Cost effective delivery
7. E-Commerce Integration
All your dues are settled, your business is booming and everything is well. But there will come a time when you’ll have to introduce changes to your business patterns and your e-commerce.
There should be a parallel relation between the interface of your e-commerce and the backend data being implied and stored. So this is where we use the term E-Commerce Integration.
• E-Commerce integration is the coordination between a company’s e-commerce site and back-end accounting and inventory (ERP) system.
• Proper integration enables the flow of information bi-directionally between the two systems meaning data only needs to be entered into one system once.
• This results in various efficiencies such as inventory levels automatically updating at the back-end as the product is sold on the e-commerce site and at the front-end as the product gets received into a warehouse and added to inventory.
WHAT ADVANTAGES YOU’LL ACTUALLY GET OUT OF IT
Now that we’ve spoken about the e-commerce and how to get our business online, we should also look at the advantages it provides over offline marketing.
It helps in the streamlining of business processes and in finding new markets. Some of the advantages include:
• Quicker and easier communications.
• Strengthened marketing capabilities and reach.
• Increased hours of operation (a website provides 24-hour seven-day information to existing and potential customers).
• Access to broader information through research.
• Reducing the cost of doing business by lowering transaction costs and increasing efficient methods for payment, such as using online banking and reducing stationery and postage costs.
• The opportunities to adopt new business models and develop tailored customer support.
Getting tensed for your hotel or retail or any other business and unable to gain profit out of it, do follow these steps to get your business online and fly high with your business and popularity.
Share your views in the comment section.